Saturday, February 7, 2009

Samuel Edward Ley

Born February 6, 2009 @ 4:40pm, 8 pounds, 20 inches. Overall the labor and delivery went remarkably well. Mommy and baby both came through like champs. Daddy is still a bit in shock, but overwhelmingly grateful for this gift. The words that best describe how I feel are from Psalm 16. "The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."



Even as we celebrate this new life my heart breaks for a former classmate who lost his 7-year-old daughter yesterday. Oddly enough I heard the news while I was coaching Shannon through the final hour of labor. Truly, life is a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Pray for the Winter family.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Many CONGRATS on the birth of your beautiful, BIG! boy! Enjoy these first hours and days...they slip by with lightning speed.

Our hearts also grieve for Jerald and family. Such heartache.

Mornings in Kansas said...

Congratulations Stephen and Shannon! I'm so happy for you both!
Love you all,
Your cousin (one of the many:)

Tim said...

Congratulations!!!!

Tim Mateer

JenLo said...

Beautiful boy! Congrats to you guys. It's life changing, being a parent.

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations - SO happy for both of you - he's beautiful.