Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chocolat in downtown WPB

Several weeks ago I noticed a shop of some kind going in where once had been only a hole in the wall. Then a sign...something about chocolate. Having driven by it almost every day, at last my curiosity got the best of me, and I stopped in this evening on the way home from work. It turns out that owners Reymond and Flor Nordine have opened a genuine chocolate shop right here in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach. ¡Oh My Chocolate! isn't quite as picturesque as the shop run by Juliette Binoche in the movie Chocolat, but it's just as tantalizing. They carry Abdallah chocolates (a 100-year-old chocolatier based in Minneapolis), as well as their own chocolate-y creations. Add to that a dizzying array of homemade organic gelato's, soups and sandwiches for the lunch crowd, and a bold cup of joe for $1 (no, that's not a misprint!) and you have a winning combination. I walked out with an assortment of dark's for me and milk's for Shannon, which we happily enjoyed after dinner. I'm thinking this wasn't the last time I'll be making an unscheduled stop!

¡Oh My Chocolate! is at 219 S. Olive Avenue (between Datura and Evernia).

No comments: