Friday, September 28, 2007

"The Office" top 10

The season premiere of The Office certainly got off to a bang (or a thump)! Was that a remarkably life-like Meredith mannequin bouncing off the hood of Michael's car, or is Kate Flannery doing her own stunt work? Last night had it's moments, but I didn't find the writing and acting to be as spot-on as it normally is. Perhaps they'll hit their stride in the weeks ahead. We'll be watching...

In the spirit of Letterman, here are my ten favorite things about watching The Office:

10. Party planning politics

9. Vance Refrigeration

8. Jim's "I can't believe this is happening" look

7. Michael's "deer in the headlights" look

6. Obscure Scranton references (it's my wife's hometown)

5. Stanley's casual disdain

4. "Dunder-Mifflin, this is Pam"

3. Dwight's Machiavellian conniving

2. Creed!!!

(Drum-roll...)

1. The sound of my wife's laughter

4 comments:

JenLo said...

I missed the first half of the show not realizing it was on, but even catching just the second half, it was a hoot.

All four of us went through rabies shots a few years ago, so that seemed morbidly funny to us.

jason miller said...

Dwight's "Salesman of the Year" speech from season two was epic.

Stephen Ley said...

Hi Jason, yeah that was classic! We didn't start watching the show until last season, but we've been catching up with previous seasons on DVD.

jason miller said...

I've iTuned up through the first half of season three, but it looks like NBC and Apple are having a p***ing contest so they are not renewing the contract. Guess I'm going to have to break down and buy a DVR (the only TV I watch besides the office is Heroes, and I just watch that on the NBC website).

"So who is the real boss? The dog or a fish?"