Friday, April 18, 2008

J.I. Packer on the secret of total joy

J.I. Packer is a contemporary giant of the faith. So it's always a treat to come across new material from him. I've been listening to a chapel message he gave at RTS Orlando called "Nothing Better". It's a brief survey of the themes found in the "literary duality" that is the book of Ecclesiastes. Packer explains how it's written in a kind of classical sonata form. He shares that this is his favorite book of the Bible because as a young man he was the sort of cynic that the writer of Ecclesiastes almost became. I can relate. I was well on the way to becoming a joyless cynic until God gripped my heart with the truth and beauty of the gospel. The message is available at iTunes U>Reformed Theological Seminary>RTS Chapel Messages>RTS Orlando Chapel Messages-Fall 2006 or search "Packer nothing better".

If you don't have iTunes on your computer...what are you waiting for? You don't need to own an iPod to enjoy the wealth of free resources available at iTunes U.

No comments: