Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brooks and Mohler on Sarah Palin

I've tried not to let myself be drawn in to the vitriolic back and forth since last week's Democratic convention and McCain's intriguing pick for VP. My "problem" is that I find much to admire in all three men and one woman running for the highest elected offices in the land. Guess I should pick my side and start hurling brickbats at the other. I have a good idea how I'll end up voting in November, but it won't be with relish or a sense of triumphalism. I have friends and family passionately committed to both candidates, so no matter who wins or loses, people I care about will be deeply disappointed. I have been doing a fair amount of reading on Election 2008 while mostly avoiding the endless TV coverage. Here are a couple of highlights.

I linked to David Brooks column on Biden, so in fairness here's his take on the Palin pick. I like Brooks because he's one of the few mainstream columnists that consistently challenges the conventional wisdom on both sides of the spectrum. (HT: Looking Closer)


And here's a thoughtful piece on the Palin family from Al Mohler's blog. (HT: Between Two Worlds)

No comments: