Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A couple of housekeeping items

First off, I thought it was time for a facelift here at the ol' blogspot. Nothing major. Just a different masthead and a few tweaks here and there. Special recognition will be due to the reader who can name the movie, character and actor pictured in the new masthead.

Secondly, I've been suffering from an attack of the killer Chinese spam. To combat this I've reluctantly set all comments to be moderated. I know this can be annoying for legitimate commenters, but it's even more annoying having to go back and delete spam from several years worth of posts. My deepest thanks to all of you who read this blog, and I hope you won't be dissuaded from commenting if the fancy strikes you.

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Jennifer (Brown) Olsen told me if you have the thingy where you have to do word verification then you don't get any more spam...please let me know if that is right!

Stephen Ley said...

I had the word verification thingy, but the spam was still getting through. Ugh!

Mary Ellen said...

Wow, persistent spamers I guess. I just switched mine over to private, the spam was out of control and I just started feeling a bit uneasy about total strangers having so much access to pics of my kids, etc. since that is what I blog about most of the time. I definitely won't miss the spam!

redeyespy said...

WINGS OF DESIRE, Damiel, Bruno Ganz.

A one-of-a-kind, beautiful piece of cinema.

Ever see its sequel, FARAWAY, SO CLOSE? Still on my shortlist.

Stephen Ley said...

I knew I could count on you, Bill!

I have not. Somehow I suspect it would be a letdown.