Wednesday, October 31, 2007

John Piper praises God for fundamentalists

This caught my eye...

What I want to say about Fundamentalism is that its great gift to the church is precisely the backbone to resist compromise and to make standing for truth and principle a means of love rather than an alternative to it. I am helped by the call for biblical separation, because almost no evangelicals even think about the doctrine.
READ THE REST


I'm reminded of J. Gresham Machen's answer when someone asked him if he minded being lumped in with the fundamentalists of his day.

Do you suppose that I do regret my being called by a term that I greatly dislike, a "Fundamentalist"? Most certainly I do. But in the presence of a great common foe, I have little time to be attacking my brethren who stand with me in defense of the Word of God.


Piper and Machen remind us to focus on what unites, instead of fixating on what we don't like about a particular "ism" within the church.

No comments: