Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rush "sets the record straight"

Senator McCain's domestic record is not conservative, and we're being lectured by the media -- some who are hostile to conservatism, some who wear the conservative label -- to be quiet, to not be too hard on him, or whatever. Those of us who have been here since the beginning of the program in 1988, you know we deal here in ideas. Why should I be quiet about my ideas? Why should I be quiet, or anybody else on the radio who happens to espouse what I believe? Why should we be quiet? The primary is precisely the time to speak! That's when this stuff gets aired and sorted out. Here's what I've noted. Governor Huckabee has reversed course on taxes, on illegal immigration. He has reversed course on law and order. Why shouldn't we discuss this? I mean, he made a major, major flip-flop on immigration. It didn't help him in South Carolina, and look what happened when he did that. Many of you think Governor Huckabee is very conservative. Put when he did this flip-flop on immigration, what direction did he move? He moved right. His previous position was: tuition, illegals, kids stay, blah, blah, blah. He vowed to send 'em all home, right before the South Carolina primary. Huge, huge flip-flop. Why should we be quiet about that?

Rush Limbaugh (Jan. 21, 2008)


Well, shoot, I thought McCain and Huckabee were conservatives. Guess I'll have to vote for Fred (wait, he dropped out). Maybe Mitt's my man?


UPDATE: David Brooks has a good column on Limbaugh & Co's attempts to define who is and isn't a conservative: The Voter's Revolt

No comments: